Thursday, March 03, 2005

Pet Peeves II

So, I live in Canada. And anyone who has read about Canada, seen Canada on television or in the movies, knows someone from Canada or has browsed a Canadian web site realizes that we have weather here. Yes! It's a shock, I know, that living relatively close to the, um, north, would result in something as foreign as the weather.

Now, I'm not about to suggest that other places in the world don't have weather, like the poor sods in California now who are just now realizing that there is a possibility that state might honestly collapse into the ocean. Now, I feel bad for them, I honestly do.

And it's still early days to forget the massive amount of people whose lives were ruined by the tsunami. Even though that's not technically the weather, but a wave, but still...you get my point.

Right, so how come no one knows a) how to shovel their farking sidewalks or driveways? or b) how to drive in the snow or c) how to put salt on the ice so that disabled girls like me with bionic hips don't slip, slide and dislocate their brand-new joints?

Pick up a shovel. Put on a coat, mitts and a wonderful Canadian toque, and get off your ass and shovel your bloody sidewalk. If not for me, than do it for the booming granny in my neighbourhood who has no choice but to take the subway, hence she needs to walk from the house she's lived in for the past forty-five years past your lazy-ass non-shoveled mess of a sidewalk and try not to break her brittle neck.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...