Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today

I have opened the window in my office just as I am about to open up my document. There are sounds of sirens, birds, cars, water dripping, and all kinds of things I can't hear when the windows are closed and it's -40 with the wind chill. I know it's not spring just yet but the sun is warm and the air is cool and fresh, and I just wanted to feel something other than winter before I pull myself back into my own writing and spend the day staring at the screen watching as the words pile on to one an other in ways I'll surely change before ever actually being finished.

Perhaps I'll start by editing the above run on sentence.

Or perhaps not.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...