Sunday, April 03, 2005

There Is A Season, Turn, Turn, Turn

...If only it would turn into spring. We were hoping. We were holding out hope. But today it snowed for the fifth month in a row here in Toronto. I think Winnipeg is having better weather.

Turns out the world isn't just mourning the death of the Pope, but the weather seems to be doing a pretty good job of it as well.

It's interesting to see the world's reaction to his death, considering, and I mean no ill-intent here, but the man's been on death's door for quite some time now, and it's divine grace that he lasted this long. I mean, really.

Our house is still a project. The basement is full of crap, broken walls, broken toilets, a bathtub, insulation -- oh, and the scariest thing ever, at some point before we moved in, mice had eaten almost entirely through the biggest power wire in the house. So, hurrah for fixer-uppers. I never thought I'd hate the house I bought, but right now, I'm hating it and so much more.

Did I mention the fact that it's April. And it's still SNOWING.

Oh, and I went to a really shitty seminar yesterday and that just put me in a pissy mood that seemed to continue all weekend.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...