Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Shut Up Rebecca Eckler

I know I'll have more to say about this but for now, a giant, rollicking eye roll and a large dose of TWOP-inspired shut up, to Rebecca Eckler who is now suing Judd Apatow for copyright infringement. Because no woman has ever been knocked up before Eckler, and certainly everyone on the planet has read her book. Yawn.

Just for the record, I saw Knocked Up this weekend and haven't read Eckler's 'book' but have already made up my absolutely judgmental mind that I will come down hard on the side of Apatow on this one. Considering he's got two kids, he's had some experience with getting someone knocked up himself. That and the movie kicks all kinds of sweet, hilarious, and awesome ass. And Rebecca Eckler, meh.

EDITED TO ADD: And, the whole 'poor me' tone of the Maclean's piece still has me groaning. Out loud. At work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a tragedy that her work has been published in the first place. The quality of this work is suitable for my dog to defficate upon. It is a world gone mad, this nitwit seems to always be in the news. BLAME CANADA

Anonymous said...

Don't blame Canada. Money-grab lawsuits like this are a part of American culture. It is clear where she got that idea from. Seth Rogen is a Canadian. This "writer" is an imposter in every way.

Anonymous said...

You know why she's doing this? Because her most recent lousy book has been critically panned and the sales aren't so good. It's all about publicity; I doubt she really even believes that her work was stolen.

scarbie doll said...

Having actually read her book and also getting "Knocked Up" while drunk -- though I was married, but does that count? Regardless, I was extremely intoxicated and it was unexpected.

Her book isn't saying anything revolutionary. Any woman who gets preggers is going to feel a lot of the same misgivings that she did. Plus she got "knocked up" by a rich Calgary lawyer, not some deadbeat frat-boy like Seth Grogan.

Whatever -- her greed got her into this mess inthe first place.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...