Monday, December 24, 2007

TRH Movie - Sweeney Todd

We had a pass to go and see this last Wednesday, which meant a mad panic of finishing up the Christmas shopping (done!) and racing around to actually get to the screening on time, which we did, yay!

I'm not going to say too much beyond the fact that it was one of the most enjoyable films I've seen all year long. Yes, I realize it's a musical about a demon barber, and goodness is it gory, bloody and gruesome, but it's also whimsical, beautiful and supremely acted. But what I liked the most, apart from the utterly delicious art direction, was all the singing, from start to finish, just like a stage musical.

So, if you're out and about on Boxing Day and are in the mood for something that'll keep your toes tapping and force you to cover your eyes at the same time, this is the film for you. As my RRHB said as we exited the theatre: "It's got to be Tim Burton's best."

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...