Time seems to be escaping me on so many levels. It's like a balloon with a leak -- all of a sudden it's completely deflated and you don't really know what happened. So, here's a rundown of me over the last little while:
1. I saw Whip It and it was 100 kinds of awesome: sweet when it needed to be, subversive enough to make the cynic in me satisfied and exactly the kind of film I needed to see with my girlfriends. I'm sad that it failed so miserably at the box office. I'd recommend it. Fame, on the other hand, insulted me as a human being. And considering the kind of movies that I watch on a regular basis, that's really saying something.
2. I'm heading to Vancouver tomorrow for a whirlwind vacation of sorts that includes: participating in Vancouver Book Camp, visiting my cousins who have just had a baby, hopping over to the island and staying with my aunt and uncle and squeezing in some time with a pal who lives in the city. Vacation sounds AS busy as my life. Wha?
3. Six minutes to go until I leave work and go swimming. Can I finish two blog posts and all my other work by then? Probably not.
4. It was minus 4 with the windchill this morning. That sucked balls.
5. I need new books to read. Anyone have suggestions?