Monday, April 05, 2010

Playing Catch Up

It's been a busy few weeks. I've been to 4 conferences in as many weeks and am quite sick of the inside of really large rooms with bottled air. That's not to say that I'm not thankful to have gone to all of them, but I feel so disconnected with my online life at the moment, and it seems like I'll never get back on track. Blogging once per day, what's that? Finding time to upload photos to Flickr, wha? Posting more than a couple silly Twitter tweets, impossible.

Where did it all go so wrong?

Right now I'm so filled up with pet peeves that every sentence coming out of my mouth is filled up with anger and frustration about things I can't control.

For once, I'm glad it's raining. Pathetic fallacy at its best. I know all I need is a proper, lying around on the beach vacation, but it's not feasible these days. I'm also not getting enough exercise -- that too is easily rectified.

We had a great, fun weekend, a long weekend, and it was really nice to get out of town in new and adventurous ways. The weather encouraged us to do some antique shopping in Guelph and Mennonite country. And while we didn't buy anything, we did have a nice day of just driving around looking at junk. How do so many knickknacks exist in this day and age? Why did people buy so much stuff?

Okay. Moaning finished. I've got two great books to review, and that's surely better than moping around in my digital life, isn't it?

1 comment:

Heather said...

This I really sympathize with. In general I've sort of lost the will to blog. I've been updating my goodreads on a regular basis though and that has sort of rewet my whistle for blogging so hopefully...

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...