Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Live Update

Between this week's conference, taking care of my aunt, and the change in the weather, it's been a strange couple of weeks. Things are always different when you're not at home, and I was only back from vacation for a couple of days before leaving again. Once you're back, you need to play catch-up with your own life, try to talk to friends you haven't seen in a month, get back into the groove of the regular day, find time to read—all things I haven't done much of since I got back.

Weather changing always makes me slightly melancholy. Perhaps because it's a concrete example of time passing, of things moving so fast that it's important to slow down and breath every now and again. After being forced to leave my last job, a topic I've been over about a bajillion times since I started this darn blog, my whole world just changed. I was no longer the "BMOC" and have sort of started again, sat back and tried to not be so angry that it all happened. It's the bane of my existence, dealing with things in life that are sort of thrown at me, things like the disease, things like getting "reorganized" out of the job I thought I was pretty darn good at, things like losing my mum, that sometimes I find it hard to take control of my own life. Perhaps that's why I needed to go away this summer. In retrospect, it was so healthy to spend some time by myself, even if now everything is back to normal and I'm forgetting I was even gone in the first place.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...