Thursday, September 08, 2005

Bad Disease Day #31586.5

Seems that no matter how well I'm doing with my diet (Day 3: no sugar, one serving of wheat per day, one serving of dairy per day, lots of veggies, some fruit), my energy levels still don't seem to rise past barely alive. Seems that no matter how I feel in my head, it's so cloudy that working a wonderfully quick work day zaps all of my energy so much so that doing anything other than putting on my pajamas and watching a bad movie is all I can truly accomplish after work.

So, I'm about to go and lie down, choose one of the upteen books I'm in the middle of, and try to stay awake until 9 PM. It's a challenge this diseased-life, I'm telling you. And it's so overwhelming to hear what's happening in New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf area, that I feel lucky just to be warm, dry and financially secure enough to donate some of my money to the Canadian Red Cross, which is what I'm going to do before I lie down on my clean bed and have a rest. There's not much else I can say about the tragedy, and my words would pale in comparison to what's already being said on blogs around the world.

Just note: the difference between "looting" and "finding" shouldn't be defined along colour lines, shame on you reporters, shame on you.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...