Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Healthy Pause

An important anniversary passed last Friday that I forgot to note here: it was the 1 year 'birthday' of my bionic hip. I can't believe that my tragic right hip (the body part, not the blog) is a year old already. And it's one of those rare events that sort of give pause to how much has happened in the short twelve months since I was lying in the Toronto Western Hospital puking from the anaesthetic, worrying about my job because The Boss From Hell had made my exit less than pleasurable and fretting over my creatinine levels that kept rising.

So here's a summary of what my tragic hip has endured over the last 12 months: a new house that needs serious renovations; getting fired on the first day back while still using a cane and essentially still recovering; getting a new job that's a world different from the old miserable one; finishing two abridged books for Sterling; getting contracts for two more; having the disease come back and taking the meds; going to Ireland and surviving the walking; and having more grey hair than when I started it all.

It's kind of crazy when you look at everything that happens in a year, and then reflect upon the fact that your bionic hip has managed to carry you through it all.

Happy Hip Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip, hip, hooray!!

(sorry, couldn't resist).

sam lamb said...

Happy hip day for sure!

I think that hip will take us for some pain-free shopping too . . .

Anonymous said...

So what's happening now?
Anothers Wegener's victim

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...