Monday, July 16, 2007

Back On The Concrete

As it stands, I have returned from the cottage fully rested only to now have developed a cold. Bah. The weather was crap as viewed from the picture of the rain on the window from the sliding glass door in the cottage, but it didn't matter because my family was there, and I had a grand old time, as always.

I'm in the process of organizing my pictures and putting to mind blog posts for the five books I read, plus I wanted to chat a bit about all the work I got done on my super-duper long story now (it's up to almost 56k words), and treat you all to an entertaining story about a bat.

Yes, you heard me: a real, live bat.

(Shiver).

2 comments:

Kailana said...

Man, how weird you mention a bat story. I was away on the weekend and we were telling bat horror stories and then I was at my boyfriends last night and heard a weird noise. I just assumed it was bugs flying at the screen door, pointed out he should close the door, and went to bed. He started to notice the cats were acting strange and went to investigate. It was a bat. So, while I slept, he closed the bedroom door and chased a bad around the apartment. I didn't even know until this morning.

sorry to hear you are sick! I hope your week gets better. (and thanks for whatever part you played in the book I got in the mail today. I am very excited!)

Beth said...

Welcome back.
Looking forward to the bat story. (Sort of.)
Hope the cold leaves - soon.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...