Saturday, September 29, 2007

So YOU Think You Can Dance?

Okay, so I know I'm not the only one in love with the television show, but when Alicia and I showed up at our Fundamentals of Dance class two Thursdays ago, we certainly weren't expecting to be standing next to 100 other happy feet.

Seriously.

What's up with that? Toward the beginning of last summer there were maybe 10 people in our class, half of which didn't show up most of the time. But now, with Nigel and a rash of "contemporary" dancers on the small screen week to week, people are excited about dance in a way I've never seen before.

Even the studio was shocked. Goodness, they have a waiting list! That's never happened before. Ever.

Thankfully, this week wasn't as crowded, and I know that in my mind, I'm way too advanced, having danced so much as a kid, for the class. But the Tech I class hurts my hip, and so I'll take it slow and work my way through with baby steps alongside a whole bunch of other hopefuls.

It's honestly the physical highlight of my week. I just enjoy it so much that I'm willing to yawn through the explanation of plie and give it my best shot when my left foot goes where the right truly should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm blog-famous :)

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...