Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Comedy of Errors

Bless the end of the temp assignment. After almost five weeks, it was starting to feel more permanent than temporary. After almost five weeks, they were starting to get used to having me around. After almost five weeks, I had just about as much as I could take of making $13 bucks an hour.

It all happened so fast, at first I thought I got a contract job with a fab ad agency, but they turned me down after realizing that I might not stick with it if my full-time dream job actually happens. Oh yeah, I had a second interview for said dream job this week--I should know sooner rather than later whether or not I'm going to be employed. So, thinking I had the contract, I quit the temp job on Monday. I'm sure the temp agency isn't too pleased with me, but I had to do what I had to do.

There was a point on Monday that I had two jobs in the bag, an interview for a third and the temp place asking me, again, if I wanted to work there full-time. Then, moments later, the contract fell through, I had quit where I was and I had no jobs lined up! My heart skipped about sixteen beats, but it's all worked out okay in the end.

What's on my to do list now? I'm going to write poetry, wax philosophical for the next couple weeks and figure out whether or not to stay home to write a novel or carry on with my career. What's a modern girl to do?

Some cool news, my latest rock and roll crush, Greg MacPherson, has an album coming out soon. That's very exciting. His song "Wide Turn" contains some of the loveliest lyrics I've heard in a long time: "I've got a cold heart I say / I'm only sorry if it lets me get my way / We took a wide turn / Rolled down our windows / And let the air rush in." Talk about poetry in motion...

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...