Saturday, February 26, 2005

Five Things I'm Addicted To At The Moment

1. This song. I can't stop clacking my tongue like Pharrell and thinking about Paris Hilton by saying, "That's hot."

2. Reading EW Oscar coverage. Especially Reason #1 on this list. I haven't even seen half the films this year, but I guess because we were in England last year, I actually missed the hype.

3. The new seasons of Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill. I recapped OTH last year for TWoP and swore I'd never watch it again, but here I am taping episodes while we're away relaxing because I can't seem to miss one. Oh, and this season of Gilmore Girls is so good I'm finding myself in tears just thinking about watching an episode where the possibility exists somewhere of Luke and Lorelai getting back together again.

Did I mention I'm unemployed lately? I've got way too much time on my hands. Carry on...

4. Amy's Pizza. I know it's not healthy, but it's organic, and when it's that time of the month it's just right for the awful cheese craving evil that exists somewhere in my prehistoric brain.

5. Getting through this book. Now, A Star Called Henry is one of my all-time favourite books, but for some reason, I've started Oh, Play That Thing FOUR times and STILL haven't made it through to the end. I think because I told deborah of Chicklit fame that I'd write a review that my mind is now utterly uncompelled to finish the book.

I'm sure there's a hundred other healthy or unhealthy things I'm also addicted to right now, like worrying about how much of my hair has fallen out from the CellCept and how bad my skin is from the drugs. Like about how self-centred I can be when the world is so obviously suffering. That's why I donated here today, not to assuage my guilt, but more to accept the fact that while I've had a pretty crappy few months (surgery, disease coming back, losing my job), I'm still luckier than most people in the world. Oh, one more thing I should be addicted to this year--never forgetting that fact.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...