Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Return of the Ring(s)

Well, the coppers came through. Yesterday, while I was off for Heritage Day, I got a call from one of the detectives of the Major Crime Unit. They had 'seized' some rings and wanted me to come down and identify them. I raced out of the house and down to the 14th Division, asked for the detective, and then sat down with my book prepared to wait for a while until they could get to me.

It was barely 15 minutes before they came downstairs to talk to me. The detective pulled out a little baggie with six of my rings in it: my grandmother's diamond and ruby ring, my mother's wedding rings, and my paternal grandmother's wedding rings. The only one missing was my Claddagh ring, but it's okay because they know where they are and they'll probably find it too. I had to make a statement and sign an affidavit, but then I got to walk out of there with my precious things in hand.

Can you believe it?

Now they're safely hidden at home, with the exception of my Nanny's ring, which I'm going to wear until I can get it made into something that matches my wedding ring. I'm not a big fan of mixing white and yellow gold, but at least I'll always know where the ring is. There's not a chance in hell I'm going to let it get lost again now that karma, or whatever else in the world you'd like to call it, has returned it.

Now if only the bloody insurance company would call us back. They STILL haven't gotten a hold of us so we can make a claim.

3 comments:

Gallis said...

Woo hoo!

sam lamb said...

Again - I'm speechless! How did they ever find them?

Beaches said...

Karma Baby! I knew that luck would turn in your favour soon. What a miracle.

FYI - feel you pain about insurance. We're STILL waiting to hear back from the adjuster about our car and it's been NINE days.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...