Thursday, June 15, 2006

jPod Redux

Boing Boing takes on jPod and wins. A very apt and quite persuasive critique of Coupland's book. Still, as much as I might like the mini-review, it doesn't take away from how much I enjoyed reading jPod.

Especially after being one of those droids forced into bad corporate internet chop shops run by bosses from hell who really should end up chained to a factory addicted to heroin. However, maybe that's the main difference between mega-blog Boing Boing and little ole me, he sees the bigger picture and I just make everything about me. Because, well, I'm not setting out to make an impression on the state of the net, at least, I don't think I am.

And no offense Seattle Weekly but there are far, far worse books out there. What's the bee stuck in your bonnet?

1 comment:

Kailana said...

I want to read jPod, but I haven't read Microserfs yet. I really like Coupland's novels, but I don't rush out and buy them like I should... I will get to it eventually :)

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...