Tuesday, January 16, 2007

#5 - Forever In Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood

I saw the little blurb on Entertainment Weekly's "Must List" this morning that said, "Talk about good jeans: Expect lotsa laughter and tears for the Sisterhood...in the final volume of the well-worn series." It reminded me that I can now blog about the fact that I did, indeed, read Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares a few months back when our ARCs arrived in the office.

Well, I wouldn't say read as much as I would say absolutely inhaled, "skipped" dance class and sat in bed reading while my RRHB walked by saying "Are you STILL reading, don't you want some dinner?"

Sigh.

It's delicious,and totally lovely, and a perfect ending (if indeed it is the end) for a the sweet YA series by Brashares. I've loved and read all three other installments and totally recommend them to girls young and old when they need a little pick me up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife saw Forever in Blue in the book store and started it on the car on the way home. She dropped the novel she was in the middle of reading so that she could plunge straight through. She finished over the weekend and love it and the series as a whole.

Kailana said...

I was going to read this book as soon as I got it yesterday, but I am saving it as a treat for when I finish a few books I have to read. I torture myself... I doubt it will last the weekend!

Kate S. said...

I've only read the first two. Clearly I've got some catching up to do...

Kailana said...

I haven't read the 4th one yet, but the 3rd was my favourite.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...