Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Write Around Town Debuts

Lots and lots to update on, not the least of which is one more book down from the 1001 Books list, Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote, a visit to the spa, a night of 24, and two movies (Music & Lyrics and Children of Men).

But for now, if you're at all interested in literary events in Toronto, I've started to write a monthly column for Experience Toronto called Write Around Town. It's the first one, so it's a bit rough around the edges, but I'm excited about it and am looking forward to having something fun to write every month for someone other than myself!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Love it! Excellent work and thanks so much for the link.

Tim Frederick said...

What rough edges? Great article. I'm more than a little jealous of all the great literary events going on up there.

Deanna McFadden said...

Aw, thanks friends! That's so sweet.

And yes DJ, there are lots of exciting lit events in TO, but our weather is very cold right now -- which probably encourages all of us to stay inside and read!

Beth said...

Great link - great article.
You are one busy lady!

Heather said...

Not sure where the rough edges are! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Fab article! No rough edges at all!

(By the way I went to the Calvin Trillin reading and it was amazing).

Anonymous said...

I think it's fantastic! And am totally excited to read the next one!
:)

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...