Monday, April 26, 2010

Like I Need Another Reading Challenge

But I can't resist. I'm going to try to read all of the six Orange Prize-nominated books before the June 9th deadline. I figure, if the jury can do it, so can I. Right? And, plus, we publish three of the books through work, so that makes it easy to at least procure the first three on the list. Like I said, I've started with Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall, and it's a massive, massive book (645 pages) but it reads so well that I'm already three-quarters of the way through. Thankfully, the other novels aren't as daunting (one would hope).

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Deanna,
I was just coming to comment that I posted the challenge to my blog and you beat me to it. I am going to try hard and get them all read. it should be fun. I look forward to discussing the books with you.

Heather said...

Hi Deanna,
I pulled Wolf Hall off the shelf this morning and started. I know what you mean now. Even those first few pages were a tease and they've left me wanting more. arg, I have to drive out of town today to pick up son from school. Guess I will have to settle for listening to Bel Canto, though I must say, its not a bad one to have to settle for either.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...