Monday, May 09, 2005

One Of Those Days...

...Where you feel like having cereal for dinner, and you do. I just sent in a short review to Chart for Blade: Trinity. What a piece of poo that movie was -- not like I was expecting anything different.

I also watched Alfie this weekend and thought it tried just a bit too hard to acheive that balance between loveable cad and tragic ladies man, but whoa, is Nia Long good. I read somewhere that Jude Law's such a good character actor that he should only be cast in supporting / character-type rolls, but he's so good looking that people keep trying to make him a leading man, and it just doesn't work. I'm almost on side with this, maybe it was in Vanity Fair? Anyway, he's good in the film, but again, it just doesn't feel right...

Maybe I'll start keeping track of the films I've watched this year too, like the 50 book challenge, only it'll end up being about 500-to-one in terms of the movie-to-book ratio and can I really live with that?

Oh, and add another one to the list. Let's count it #3, Open Water. Terrible film with lame dialogue and moments of scariness, but as the Rock and Roll Boyfriend pointed out, it could have just as easily been a short film and been just as effective.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...