Monday, May 02, 2005

Thursday Night Rock!

The Rock and Roll Boyfriend played a good show last Thursday night. Of course, that was the tail end of my week from hell in terms of not sleeping at all, so I wasn't all that thrilled to be in a crowded club listening to loud music, but I'm glad I went.

They opened for Greg MacPherson, who I love, who had his record release party for his lastest album, Night Flares. Instead of his usual one-man-with-guitar-all-alone-on-stage deal, Greg had a whole band, and I kind of liked it, all loud and raunchy like drunk sex.

The Boyfriend and the band played most of the new songs from their upcoming album, and it was a nice change to see him playing his own stuff again. Not that I don't like it when he plays with The Weakerthans, but I do like to see him in his element as well.

Book your calendars now -- they're playing with The Deadly Snakes at North by Northeast on June 9th. But don't ask me about the guest list, because they never have them at those damn festival shows. I think even I have to pay. Where's the fun in being a Rock and Roll Girlfriend if I have to pay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey DM,

yer not unemployed no mo!!! need to update that bio.


Cheers,
do

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...