Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hot Water - Hooray!

They came this morning and fixed the hot water tank, which was apparently never installed properly in the first place, so they need to come back tomorrow and fix the vents. This will cost us $400.00. Isn't home ownership lovely?

However, nothing can dampen my mood today as I'm working from home for the first time in months with wide open windows, gorgeous sunshine outside, and the brilliant smell from the chocolate factory wafting in with each breath.

And in other good news, I got a new freelance gig that I'm pretty excited about but I don't want to jinx it by talking about it too much before I actually hand in my copy. Needless to say, my mother would have been tickled pink, but more on that later.

Oh, and I'm pages away from actually finishing a book. A real book!

2 comments:

Melwyk said...

Sounds like things are looking up! Thank goodness. Have a beautiful work-at-home day!

Gallis said...

DUDE! That is SO AWESOME!!!

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...