Friday, November 30, 2007

Wonder

Right now, they're playing some beautiful music on the CBC, something about the beginning of Advent, and I haven't the faintest idea what the recording is. Not that it's even that relevant, because the sky is clear from the 20th floor, and there are birds outside floating, as if to the music, with one soaring eagle (I think) who dove at just the right moment before the chorus came in and the pigeons scattered around. It's almost as if the soundtrack from inside my earphones reached up and outside reminding me that life goes on every day in simply magical ways if I just take the time to look up from my desk.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Gorgeous! I think you're right.

And I liked your Late Nights review. Indeed we've got stuff to talk about. I think I was mostly in awe of the fullness with which Hay was able to invest barrenness. No small feat!

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...