Wow, it's been a while since I ragdoll-rambled a top 10 list and, while I'm not feeling 100% myself these days, maybe it's just what I need:
1. Friday Night Lights only available in the US UNTIL FEBRUARY. If this isn't a call for, ahem, a little ill-eagle downloading I don't know what is, I just hope they don't arrest me before catching (SPOILER) a little Lyla / Riggins romp.
2. Other things I've noticed about television: the Walkers fight way too much, everyone on SVU is a ham bone, and the woman from Fringe is seriously annoying (but PACEY. Sigh). And many of the new shows this year are lacking in direction, like True Blood (which I'm only watching now so I can see Brad "The Iceman" Colbert).
3. Doesn't the word GOOP just inspire to you to want to "do better" and "be better" or does it just say WTF is Gwyneth Paltrow on? And who extensively designs a web site all in flash and then doesn't proceed to upload ANY content. So it's a lifestyle-type magazine site with one paragraph repeated over and over again in every channel. Content is so king. Whatevs GP, oohhh, maybe it stands for Gwyneth on on Paltrow? Or Go Poop? Because all of that makes sense. Not. (props to Zesty for the link).
4. I hate the new EW redesign. If I wanted to subscribe to Us Weekly, I would have subscribed to US Weekly. I've given it a few months and I might not renew my subscription purely out of the fact that it'll make it that much easier to skip Diablo Cody's "column." Meow. I know.
5. Curtis Sittenfeld is one hell of a farking good writer. More on this tk once I finish American Wife, which is one of the best books I've read in a long, long time.
6. I am going to be a band widow for a month minus about 5 days. That's a long time.
7. The Fall makes me want to drink tea.
8. I've listened to The Raconteurs concert on NPR about sixteen thousand times. It's getting so that I know the live versions of the songs better than the recorded ones and get confused in my sing-a-longs. I know one thing for sure: there will be a lot of Racon-racket this month as I can play it as much as I want with my RRHB on the road with the band.
9. My latest abridged classic might honestly be the death of me. I'm 5k words over, two weeks passed the deadline (there were extenuating circumstances), and my fingers have never hurt so much in my entire life.
10. Today my RRHB had our new backdoor and transom installed. He also built a new garage roof. The house is definitely coming together. At least that's what Astrology Zone keeps telling me will happen this month. I need some good news from the stars. September just about cracked me in half like a nut at Christmas.