Saturday, August 05, 2006

Keep Feeling Procrastination

I should be packing. I should be pulling the weeds out of our massively overgrown vegetable garden. I should be reading or working on my pages or starting my two new books or redeeming my iTunes gift certificate Zesty gave me for my birthday.

What am I doing instead? Reading spoilers for Gilmore Girls next season, catching up on bad celebrity gossip and reading way, way too much into my horoscope for this month.

And yet, I feel so guilty for doing, well nothing, even though we've been so bloody busy so far this summer and haven't really stopped to well, even grocery shop (which, when I told my RRMIL [rock and roll mother-in-law] that we hadn't bought groceries in close to a month, she gasped, audibly), that I should be catching up on something—and yet I can't pull myself out of this chair to even wash my face or brush my teeth.

Now aren't you embarrassed for me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, not embarrassed at all....I find myself doing the same thing. Quite regularly!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your exciting word count!

if it helps, I am spending my summer "working on my dissertation," which is turning into reading spoliers for all my shows, catching up on bad celebrity gossip, and watching probably too much tv. I have decided to just be happy with the work I am doing, and enjoy my tv gossipy fun stuff!

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...