Friday, May 13, 2005

Film #4: Kingdom of Heaven

Well, it's a huge ham-bone of a movie, from start to finish, but I honestly rather enjoyed it in all its bloated goodness. Orlando Bloom, criticized for being stiff in many of the reviews I've read, really wasn't terrible at all, and I think Liam Neeson might just be developing an entire career out of being the "oh-wise-sage Daddy that dies."

It was exactly what I needed tonight. And I laughed with Zesty afterwards because I don't know anything about the Crusades from a historical perspective, so even though I'm sure there are historical imperfections in the film, that didn't bother me. She joked with me and said, "Ignorance really is bliss, isn't it?" In this case, maybe she's absolutely right.

Oh, and I heard Orlando Bloom on Virgin UK radio last weekend talking about the film and he said, "It's nice to go from being a boy to a man." Ahem, I heard that and I still enjoyed the picture—now that's saying something.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...