Monday, August 15, 2005

The Bionic Hip Kicks Ass

Yes, I'm swearing a lot in these posts I'm plowing through tonight, but it must be said exactly this way: my new bionic hip kicks some serious ass.

I walked for three weeks in Europe. That's 21 days of traipsing through cities, peering at ruins, standing in front of art at galleries, and finding my way around foreign places. And I had no pain. There was a bit of a struggle because my muscles aren't in the greatest shape, but no joint pain.

In the months after surgery, I have resumed normal activity in the sense that I've recovered so much of my mobility. Things I never thought I would or could do again, I'm now doing on a regular basis: enjoying an 8-hour walk, sitting cross legged and chatting with a girlfriend, dancing to Irish music at the pub, jumping up and down at my RRBF's show, enjoying a weekend at Hillside, and feeling normal, even if it's just until the rash returns or my stomach churns up the last meal, but it's something anyway. And I'll take the small victories for now.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...