Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Ripped From the Headlines, Well, Sort Of...

A few things that occupied my mind for a milli-second today:

1. Why didn't they stay broken up and not release what's certainly to be an album full of the worst lyrics ever written, as OLP typically do: "She wishes she was a dancer / That she never heard of cancer." How can they keep a straight face? Or am I supposed to be deep in thought meditating on the irony in his words? Give. It. Up.

2. Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe seems destined for civil war or something equally terrifying.

3. Stephen Harper looks like a knucklehead in this picture...and it probably won't help him win the favour of the nation either. Alberta's sweet, sweet "extra" cash be damned.

4. Sadie Frost really doesn't want to have her picture taken, and I don't blame her; it's not like her life isn't hard enough these days. You know?

5. I'm enjoying the blog war between Warren Kinsella and Globe columnist Carl Wilson. Boys with keyboards are funny, and punk, don't forget punk. I don't know if I'll read Kinsella's book, but I'm glad that books like that get written, if only for the fact that they're keeping the dream of punk alive. And not to take sides, but dude calls his blog "Zoilus," that alone makes me think I'd rather side with Kinsella. What does it mean, ohh, how deep, a made up word. Yawn.

1 comment:

Deanna McFadden said...

Well then I take it back, honestly, my skills at looking to dictionary.com are quicker than actually googling the word. Seems a fitting name for a blog then. Perhaps I was too quick to judge.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...