Saturday, April 15, 2006

Going Too Fast

We drove up north on Thursday night so we could have a full day there on Friday. I was a bit hesitant to go up so late because the cottage hasn't been opened up since last fall, which would mean piles of mouse crap and all kinds of other annoying things. And because I'm so tired by the time I go to bed (exhausted at 4 PM, hang in there until 10 PM, collapse in bed with a book, asleep by 10:15 PM kind of thing), I didn't know if I'd have the energy to even sweep the floor by the time we go there.

My RRHB is on an opposite schedule to me. He's just come back from tour, which means he's used to being up all night, driving all ages and not going to bed until well into the morning. Hence the fact that he'd be more awake to drive the giant rock van at night than in the morning. So, we threw some food into some cotton bags, grabbed our PJs and off we went.

It was a gorgeous day yesterday. Perfect for cottage cleaning. It wasn't too cold or damp for April and we got a lot done. Namely, we brought back a giant dresser of my grandmother's for the house here because a) it's too big for the room b) there are already 4 dressers up there and c) we're trying to clear as much out of the cottage as possible.

We would have got a lot more done if the dump had been open (it was Good Friday), but we've already made a plan to go back up in a month, the weekend before the May long weekend, to finish organizing all of the furniture and actually get the cottage cleaned right out. How does so much stuff accumulate in such a small place? It never ceases to amaze me.

But I'm hella tired today. It was a long day of going through the mud room, where everyone (including myself) seems to have thrown everything they don't want to deal with in terms of the cottage over the last three or four years. It's clean and organized now, quite a feat!

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...