Sunday, April 30, 2006

Three Things...

I'm only mildly embarrassed to admit:

1. Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" is currently the most-played song on my iTunes. Now, there is good reason for this—being a band widow means pop music may flow through the veins of this house. Once my RRHB gets home, it's forever banned from the airwaves. I take full advantage of this by listening to it very loud and dancing around in my underwear. Yes, I said, I'm mildly embarrassed to admit these things.

2. I can't stop eating barbecue rice chips. I'm obsessed. And they're not real chips, so it's not that bad, right? Damn prednisone.

3. I can't stop thinking about Pride and Prejudice. I watched the Keira Knightley film again on Friday night and was obsessed looking at the differences between Austen's original (now that I've read it) and the adaptation. A couple of things really bothered me: Keira's posture and the way she stroked Darcy's legs at the end of the film; oh, and the fact that she was always wandering around in her bedshift. As if. And then, if I wasn't obsessed enough, I watched Bridget Jones's Diary. Again. For, like, the millionth time, just to see the similarities there as well. All I have left is to watch the PBS mini-series that everyone keeps raving about. I'm only 10 years off the bandwagon on that one. Talk about being tragically unhip.

So that's how I've spent my weekend? You?

2 comments:

Gallis said...

Heh! Too funny.

Firstly, Emancipation of Mimi is pure pop genius.

Secondly, no they don't count.

Thirdly, Colin Firth will really only ever be the one true Darcy in my mind. My Mum's got the DVD. I'll see if I can snaffle it for you! She thought Kiera was way too pouty.

Anonymous said...

BBC & Colin Firth....ah, 6 glorious hours in which to get my P&P fix! Since it came out in 1995, I have watched it every year, and never tire of it. Not a minute to waste, as a true fan you MUST watch it!

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...