Monday, September 11, 2006

TRH TV - The Wire

Our Faux-Vo will be working overtime in a couple of weeks, which is why I'm glad my all-time favourite show of all-time started last night on TMI, The Wire. It's such a smart, searing look at life in a major US city, in this case, Baltimore, with each season having a different focus of the wire taps (those of the shows title). This year, their focus is on the kids, the drug runners, the clean-up artists (the chilling opening has a young teenager buying a nail gun, paying for it in cash, and speaking a language I had to rewind three times just to make sure I sort of understood), and the corner rats.

It's up and down of society, from the higher echelons of politics (and not unlike Brotherhood in that respect) to the politics of the modern drug wars, it's shaping up to be quite a season. I've been saying it for a while, but to borrow a phrase from EW, it's the best show you're not watching.

Okay back to abridging. But blogging is just so much more fun.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...