Monday, June 25, 2007

Facelift

So yesterday I decided to pick a new template for the blog as I got kind of sick of the plain Jane one I originally launched with all those many, many months ago. But I'm still not 100% convinced I like this one either. And I noticed that I picked the same one as Kate's Book Blog, which was unintentional, of course, but I'm giving her props anyway for working the template to the best of its ability over there. Gosh, I love her blog.

Annnywaaay. I've been toying with the idea of late of migrating everything over to Typepad and paying for the blog just to be able to use a slightly better behind the scenes system. Who knows. The summer's so busy so far that by the time I actually get around to customizing a look and feel, the internet might have blown up.

5 comments:

Tim Frederick said...

We started out on Blogger way back when. I eventually made the executive decision to migrate to a more robust behind the scenes blogging software. I looked at TypePad but was horrified at having to pay. We ended up on WordPress. I think it is a good way to go. You can import a an existing blogs content directly from Blogger pretty easily. If you want them to host it (Blogger style) go to wordpress.com to check out that option. If you are going to register your own domain (tragicrighthip.com appears to be available) you need to install software from Wordpress.org. Either way, you are able to edit and tweek the look of the site infinitely.

Kimberly said...

It took me forever to figure out a style that I liked for my blog and I'm still not sure I'm in love with it. If I had more time I'd fiddle around with customizing it but I think we're in the same boat in that regard: so many things to do, so little time to bend.

Beth said...

Love your new look.

I'm dying to change mine but terrified of doing something wrong and deleting everything.

Did you back up your old one before going on to the new or just hold your breath and do the switch?

Deanna McFadden said...

Beth: Nope, I just picked a new one and held my breath. It was just fine.

Well, I previewed it once to see which one I liked the best and then I made the switch...

Beth said...

Thanks for the tip.
Someday....

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...