Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Adventures In Illness Part 81358

So yesterday I went to see the family doctor because I've got this strange rash on both sides of my nose that looks like eczema, and it simply won't go away. That coupled with the lip blisters that lead to cold sores cropping up for the second time in two weeks ensures that I'm looking awesome these days.

Anyway. I think the rash-type thing is a result of the meds, it's the only thing that it can be as I haven't changed anything with respect to my skin care regime, and even tried stopping washing my face for a day to see if that would help (it didn't). Even so, the family doctor wasn't willing to make a diagnosis and even suggested that I go see the Super Fancy Disease Doctor about it. Considering he's, like, the smartest doctor in the world and it's just a rash, I felt that maybe that wasn't quite the right thing to do.

Without having ANY idea what it might be or what might be causing it, they're sending me to a dermatologist, which is fine. Except they don't want to TREAT it in case it goes away or something before I see said dermatologist without them figuring out exactly what it is. Yay for me. It means that however long it takes for them to refer me that I'll have to continue to look like I have the chicken pox.

I tell you, Wegener's is awesome.

Not.

3 comments:

Gallis said...

Oh dude. That sucks OUT LOUD.

Anonymous said...

could it have been the rock-hard fruit?

Anonymous said...

Hi, could it be a form of lupus?

That rash sounds like a marker for a particular type of it (having rheumatoid arthritis, the subject of other autoimmune disorders has come up in the past for me). It's not exactly the easiest thing for even a doctor armed with non-specific test results to diagnose (sometimes not even with).

Anyone in your family history have psoriasis, either?

Whatever, the best of luck to you. My mother had a replacement right hip (and left shoulder, lenses and about a foot of aorta. She always said getting rid of her old RA-destroyed "meat hip" was the smartest thing she ever did).

I'm heading into the replacement years myself, so I take her example to heart.

Regards,

Red

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...