Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Quick Updates On The Fly

Our hot water tank broke this morning so my dream of having a lovely hot shower after four days up north at the cottage spilled out all over the cold, basement floor. This did not start off my day well.

As a result, no bike ride in because I was so late that my RRHB had to drive me to work. I hate driving to work.

I did not manage to finish a single book this weekend although I did watch Zodiac and half of Perfume. Well, that's not exactly true, I read Dramacon, my very first manga, which was super-cute although I felt old just flipping the pages. Oh, and I also felt old because I had to learn how to read the books. Yes, even reading manga is a new experience for me. But the Tokyopop website is just so cool, isn't it?

Now I've got conditioner in my hair, I'm exhausted because I just couldn't sleep, and I wish I was still up at the cottage because the weather was just so luscious this weekend I didn't want to leave.

How are all of you? I feel like the summer is whizzing by so fast that I haven't had a moment to catch my breath.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

At least this week is a short one! And I agree with you about the summer's whizzing speed. May your day get better.

Beth said...

Welcome back to reality.
Cottage life is so much more enjoyable.

Francesca Thomas said...

My MIL died this evening. Sorry, I ache all over and am not in much mood to chat.

H

joemmama said...

Oh my gosh...my water heater broke today too...why can't things just work??

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...