Monday, March 10, 2008

The Quotable Austen

"...At her time of life, anything of an illness destroys the bloom for ever! Hers has been a very short one! She was as handsome a girl last September as any I ever saw, and as likely to attract the men."

From Sense and Sensibility.

My family doctor to me upon learning of the treatment for my disease all those years ago, "It's such a shame that this had to happy to such a pretty girl."

Good to see the sentiment hasn't changed in three hundred-odd years.

2 comments:

Gallis said...

LMAO!

What did he diagnose you with? The Vapours?

Melwyk said...

Oh my. Good to know Austen is still so relevant...

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...