Saturday, March 19, 2005

Could I Be Any Sicker?

Well, turns out my bad disease day was just the beginning. I started getting a bit of a cold on Wednesday night, but took some vitamin C and garlic, then drank some throat tea thinking that might send it off into virus hell before I actually got sick.

HA! Fat chance, by Thursday I was running a fever and all the other good stuff, feeling like pack of brick was laying on my chest. Called the doctor, made an appointment for Friday with my fingers crossed that it hadn't turned into something really bad.

Boy was I wrong. Couldn't sleep, fever burned even with the Tylenol and by the time I got to the doctor's I could barely breath without coughing. She says, "Oh boy," listens to my chest and says, "It's bronchitis, but it could have already turned into pneumonia--do you want to get a chest x-ray to be sure." I nodded my head and said, "No, if the treatments the same, just get me started on the antibiotics and I'll go from there."

Um, so in the course of less that 48-hours, a common cold that might make a normal person sniffly for a day or two chased its way like a rainbow after a storm straight into my chest giving me freaking pneumonia. And that's the way things go when you've got an auto-immune disease that makes you take drugs that suppress your immune system. I'm telling you, it's been years since I've been this sick, and of course, it has to happen within a couple of weeks of starting my new job.

Oh, but I've added another title to my 50 Book Challenge. I'll write another entry about it later, when I can actually see the screen without having a blinding headache. And pardon the spelling errors, I'm just typing and posting, screw that perfectionist crap.

1 comment:

parwana said...

reading ur blog, i hav experienced sm of the pain a jobless person experiences
Are u living alone??

Please dnt take me in the wrng sense
jst a suggestion

having smbdy with u helps lessen ur pain n suffering a lot.
i just wnt 2 say....u shud search fr a gud friend first and thn a job
mayb i m too young 2 understand ur prblms...jst a 21 yr old grad
bt hv been thru a lot of mental struggle
hey this is no sympathy
i myslf hate sympathy...tht makes the victim more weak

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...