Wednesday, February 21, 2007

#13 - Shopaholic & Baby

Kinsella returns to her mainstay character, Becky Bloomwood, who enters the Yummy Mummy phase of her life in Shopaholic & Baby. With an incredibly predictable plot, the series (and I must confess, I've only read one other of the books), feels like it's waning a bit. Becky runs into a few problems on her way to the delivery room: her OBGYN is her husband's ex, he's acting all shifty and stuff, and they're trying to buy a house. Becky's usual antics, well, shopping obsessions, are all there but there's just not as much spice to this book as to her last couple of non-Shopaholic titles.

And while I'll confess to loving a fair bit of chicklit, this series just isn't up there as my favourites. However, I do completely appreciate the wit and humour in Kinsella's writing, even if this book wasn't right for me.

2 comments:

Alice said...

I agree - I've loved all the other books in this series, but for some reason I can't get through this one. I've started and stopped again about four times now.

It is funny though - I think I'll give it another try tonight.

Gallis said...

You don't read enough dude.

BWAH! HA! HA!

I slay me.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...