Saturday, February 10, 2007

Organic Beer...

...doesn't give you any less a hangover.

Sigh.

Shhhh. I have news.

Yesterday, I quit my job. Not to worry, I have another one to go to in about three weeks, and I'm super excited about it.

I mean really excited.

Hence the imbibing of St. Peter's organic beer until the wee hours.

And now, I hurt.

So I've been listening to my new favourite songs and trying to do the dishes for about forty-five minutes. There aren't that many dishes. It's just hard to, ahem, stand up.

If you're wondering what my iTunes is cooking this morning:

1. A Mirror Without, Royal Wood
2. Under Control, The Strokes
3. Jolene, Dolly Parton
4. Snow (Hey Oh), Red Hot Chili Peppers
5. Save It For Later, English Beat

Oh yeah, that's inspired me to re-write the first sentence of my long story about seventeen times. It keeps getting longer and longer with more commas, lots of adjectives and a really interesting metaphor that I can't wait to try out on you all.

Happy Saturday!

I. Can't. Stop. Smiling.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations on your new job!!! What is it?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job (sounds great), commiserations on the hangover. Ah, I miss beer... :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! How exciting!

Beth said...

All the best re: the new job (glad you're excited about it) and enjoy the three week break!

Anonymous said...

Wait! What!?
I had to re-read that a couple times... LOL
Congrats me thinks!

indigo herself said...

whohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you get the three weeks off or do you have to do the two weeks notice thing? lunch or tea is in order. congrats, congrats.

Deanna McFadden said...

I'm finished as of this Friday, so I have two weeks until my new job starts, which is very exciting.

And I'm moving to another publishing company, where I'll be doing a combination of my old-old job and my almost-old job.

Very exciting!

Tammy said...

Oh, wow, that IS exciting! I'm a big fan of shaking up the ol' CV every few years. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about the new gig.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...