Wednesday, February 21, 2007

TRH Movies & A Stupid Cold

I've been sidelined at home the past few days with a rotten cold, a sore throat and lots and lots of sneezing. Good for reading, not so good for thinking, which means I'm not getting as much writing done as I'd like, but I'm making progress regardless.

I've been buying DVDs lately for two reasons, one because we always need stuff to watch at the cottage in the summer, and we generally end up viewing many films multiple times so I don't really think it's a waste of money; plus, I'm sick to death of paying late fees because we never get the videos back on time.

Annnwaaay. Yesterday I picked up Babel and The Prestige. I kind of feel like the first film was a waste of money. We haven't watched it last night. And you know what? It's kind of overbearing and quite unbelievable. I know it's all arty and ohhh look how connected the world is but the tenuous nature of said connection in terms of the Japanese storyline was almost laughable. Like Crash, it kind of plays out with a bit of the movie of the week sensibility where you're forced to suspend your disbelief just that little bit too much. Why is it nominated for so many Oscars?

All in all having a stupid cold the last few days has meant I've watched way, way too much television. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house tomorrow and enjoying the few days I've got left before I start my new job.

Oh, and just FYI, I wrote a guest post over at Martinis For Milk about a trip to the doctor yesterday. It's a bit graphic (there's a whole gross but funny thing going on) and it's about lady bits, so be forewarned, only read it if you are truly convinced there are some things that you just NEED to know about me.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Just read your post at Martinis for Milk - very funny. Brought back memories. "Flying saucer" kind of memories.
Take care of that cold. Damn - why would you have to get sick on your week off?

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...