Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hot Set!

Friends of ours are shooting a movie in our mess of a house this weekend. That means our entire downstairs, the main area of our house, has been transformed into something I wouldn't even recognize. The amount of work that goes into a film from the backend seems quite incredible, and I've never seen anything quite like it. There are so many people I don't know in my house, it's kind of an extreme feeling: like having that awesome kegger at university where half the cool kids show up, and you know nothing about them, only that they're cool and have graced your party with their presence.

They finished dressing the room on Thursday night and declared that it was now a "hot set." Which means, I guess, that no one can go in without fear of being burned. Different props were "in play" and the whole thing is a vivid use of words that I had no idea existed in that manner.

Now, it's early, and they've been here for a couple of hours already. I'm waiting for the RRBF to wake up so we can leave, because I don't want to go without him, but I don't want to be in the way either, so I'm sort of sitting in limbo typing away at my virtual world that seems far more real than what's going on downstairs for some reason.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...