Thursday, March 30, 2006

#22 - Behind The Scenes At The Museum

In the end, it my belief, words are the only things that can construct a world that makes sense.
Kate Atkinson's Behind the Scenes at the Museum is the story of the life of Ruby Lennox, from conception to old age, told in a fury of first-person that captivates you the minute your eyes hit the page.

I'm too tired now to give a full review, or even a half a review, but suffice it to say that I really loved this book, and it's no wonder, judging by how much I enjoyed Case Histories. The Book A Day challenge lives for another day. But I must admit I'm getting a bit burnt out.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...