Saturday, March 25, 2006

Joan Clark Gets The Love

Thankfully, someone, somewhere has finally acknowledged that Joan Clark's An Audience of Chairs is award-worthy. In all seriousness, it was the very best book I read last year and I sincerely think that she's one of Canada's most underrated authors.

In fact, I'd even go out on a limb and say that this book should (if there's any justice in the world) become part of the canon, to be read after The Stone Angel and The Stone Diaries, and then dissected for its absolute brilliance of character and impassioned story. Do yourself a favour and read it. I've recommended it to so many people and I have not had a dissatisfied customer yet.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...