Monday, December 11, 2006

TRH Movie - The Holiday Redux

My review of The Holiday is now up on Chart. I realized that I sort of missed the chance to talk about the very cute subplot in the movie with Eli Wallach and Kate Winslet, that many other reviewers discussed in detail. And it got me thinking. I had thought about it and then decided I didn't want to give it away, preferring instead to let the sweeter elements of the film come as a bit of surprise, but now I'm thinking I probably should have at least talked about it as a positive part of the picture.

Too late now. Also too late to sing Naomi Watts's praises, as the cyber-stalker fellow reminded me in his comments. But she was really very good in The Painted Veil and the more I think about it, the more I like that film.

What can you do? Every sentence is a choice.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...