Friday, February 01, 2008

Art Garfunckel's Library

Trisha sent me this link this week, and I'm absolutely fascinated. Not only is it a glorious list, but it represents a lifetime of reading from one of music's legends. I'm sure Garfunkel would score very well if he did the 1001 Books spreadsheet.

And it makes me wish that I had kept a more detailed list of the books that I had read throughout my life, which is what the blog is doing for me now, if only so I could put it all up online for people to comb through. Can you imagine? Forty years of books?

Wouldn't it be fun to create the Art Garfunkel Favourites challenge? I've read 16, not so bad...no so bad indeed.

3 comments:

Melwyk said...

I've read 19; and you're right, what a fascinating link!

Francesca Thomas said...

And is there any reason we cant do an art garfunkel challenge?

I'd be happy to host it if you like. (i''d love to make a new blog). And anyone can mark off those books they have already read.

It can be open ended and we read as many books from the list. No deadline.

What do you think?

Historia

Deanna McFadden said...

Sounds like a plan. As a man who has read 1000+ books in his life, it's certainly something to aspire too. It's like another version of the 1001 Books challenge... :)

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...