Monday, February 25, 2008

Today

I won the Oscar pool at work. $48.00 means I can actually eat lunch this week.

Oh yeah, baby!*

EDITED TO ADD: The song from the movie Once that won the Oscar had this beautiful line, "Words fall through me and always fool me."

I liked it so much I emailed it to myself so I could remind myself to put it up here today. Sort of a quote of the weekend.

Did it manage to defray the many hours of boredom punctuated here and there by a Jon Stewart funny. Um, no.**

EDITED TO ADD TO ADD: I saw the female peregrine falcon today. And no word of a lie, I ripped the headphones off my head, shouted: "WHO ARE YOU?" and almost threw myself out the window. Clearly, the whole bird-obsession thing has got to stop.

And my tragic hip is bothering me a great deal. Making my whole right leg hurt, which is kind of bumming me out.

3 comments:

C. A. Jackson said...

If your hip is bothering you then write about it!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I am completely addicted to that song from Once.

Gallis said...

DUDE! Check THIS out!

http://avenefica.wordpress.com/2007/10/02/symbolism-of-the-falcon-meaning-of-falcon-sightings/

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...