Monday, March 14, 2005

I Don't Like Mondays...

So yesterday I got a caffeine latte instead of one without, even though I ordered decaf. That meant I didn't sleep a wink last night. I haven't had any real caffeine in about ten years, excluding the odd cup of real tea I've had on various road trips. Needless to say, it whacked my system right out, so much so that I had the runs (ahem), a fever, and felt my heart race for pretty much 24 straight hours. And who says caffeine isn't a drug?

I was crazy-obsessed with this today, and looked up all the bestsellers since the beginning of the last century. It's interesting to see the trends, which books have now become classics and the scary thought that much of the later (1990s etc) lists are mass market paperbacks, the Stephen King, Anne Rice, Jackie Collins of the worlds. How many of those books are actually going to become classics in the next hundred years? It really goes to show the fickleness of the publishing industry and how our culture in general has changed.

And this cracked me up too, but because I'm half-brain dead from not getting any sleep, I can't think of anything creative...

Here's hoping that my mind perks up for writer's group tonight.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...