Thursday, March 24, 2005

Still Be Illin'

So, after almost a week of running a fever and coughing so much I would, ahem, pee myself, I decided it was best to take my bronchitis-full self back to the doctor. With my immune system so suppressed they're still worried about me catching pneumonia, which would be very bad indeed.

So now, I am a veritable pharmacy. I've two different types of antibiotics, two puffers, and my regular meds for the disease. Total cost of all this medicine? In the thousands of dollars. It's one thing to live in Canada for the health care system, but it's quite another to have an old work that fires your ass but still lets you use your benefits. Without them, I would quite possibly be dead.

The scariest thing about being this sick makes me think a lot more about the disease and its affects on my body. I mean, if I can get this sick in such a short period of time and need to much medication I look like a Snowbird on her way to Florida for the winter, I can only imagine what's going to happen as I get older.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...