Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Accidental Tourist

So one of my New Year's Revolutions this year was to try and experience more of the city I live in instead of just sitting like a lump in my house. Soooo, so far this year I've done a few things in this vein that can actually count as 'enjoying' what the city has to offer.

I went to a taping of Cityline, which was way fun. It's totally not a show that I watch on a regular basis, but I was invited and it was Fashion Friday, so why the hell not? The fashions were kind of eh, but the shows were amazing and Marilyn Denis is pretty damn delightful. Oh, and at the end of the taping they give you free stuff.

Side note: Here's something you might like to know about me...I will whore myself out to the highest bidder for free stuff. Doesn't actually matter what the stuff is as long as its free. Isn't that pathetic?

Annnywaaay. We ended up with some Marc Anthony hair products and some other beauty product thingy. Oh, and Marc Anthony? Dude is orange in real life, and not the sweet Florida, natural looking orange, but bright crayon-esque, spent way too much time in the tanning bed orange. Ew.

And next weekend I'm taking Zesty (on the day of the Oscars no less) to ballet for her birthday. The National Ballet of Canada is performing various pieces originally choreographed by George Ballanchine, who is one of my all-time favourites of the dance world. I'm very excited.

Oh, and on Monday night I was at the New Face of Fiction 10th anniversary celebration. Also very much fun, but it's a pain in the ass to find parking around the Distillery district. The delightful Patricia over at Booklust has a much better wrap up of the party up on her site. Holla!

See, I'm so cultured. Yawn...

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...