Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Turn

Scarbie and Blondie did it—and I don't want to feel left out. So I'm copying both of them. I hope that's okay ladies.

Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Ice cream girl at Baskin Robbins. Here is where I cultivated my love for Daquiri Ice slushies with vodka, rode my skateboard to work, and attempted to glue all of the things I broke back together with the chocolate sauce. Ask Suzi if you don't believe me.
2. Working at the Gap. God, I loved working at the Gap. I loved folding. I loved doing the cash. I loved the 50% staff discount. I loved the mall. Man, I miss that job.
3. Executive Producer. I ran some web sites. I loved it. I did not love my BFH. And in the end, all the stress caused the disease to come back. Bastards.
4. Writer. My favourite job of all time. Five books and counting, a few poems, and giant ambition. I'll keep y'all posted on that one...

Four movies I could watch over and over (well, this week):
1. Underworld (I am a deathdealer)
2. Love Actually (Joni Mitchell taught your cold, English wife to love)
3. Bridget Jones's Diary (Everyone knows that diaries are total crap)
4. Badlands (I run the words on the roof of my mouth with my tongue too)

Four places I’ve lived:
1. Brockville, Toronto, ON
2. Kingston, ON
3. Banff, AB
4. Mississauga, ON

Four TV shows I love (currently):
1. Ellen (I know! It's cheesy! I love it!)
2. Lost
3. Coronation Street (see note above)
4. Grey's Anatomy (there's something satisfying about having crazy-ass medical problems and watching a show about medicine)

Four places I've been on vacation:
1. Ireland (my favourite place was Derry)
2. London, England (my favourite thing is having a pint with Elyssa and her mates)
3. Winnipeg, MB (my favourite place to watch the pelicans)
4. My cottage, Havelock, ON (my favourite place to call home)

Four blogs I visit daily…:
1. Hissyfit
2. Martinis for Milk
3. Friends, Romans
4. Blondie's
5. Ethel Knots
6. And all the others on my list to the right. I don't want to leave anyone out. I love them all so!

Four Favorite Foods:
1. My RRHB's Fakon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches
2. Fish and chips at the pub on the corner of College and Dovercourt
3. Fresh grapes
4. Organic spelt gingerbread cookies

Four places I'd rather be:
1. Can I be honest and say that I'm actually liking where I am right at this moment, sitting in front of the computer, finishing off a story and about to watch the tube after a particularly unchallenging day of work.
2. Well, the only thing that would make it better would be the RRHB being home—but he's working. What a mighty good man!

Four songs I listened to most recently (on the iTunes Party Shuffle):
1. The City, Fembots
2. Wonderwall, Oasis
3. Genuinely Frozen, Greg MacPherson
4. Cain is Rising, Oh Susanna

(hey! It's iTunes, not me!)

Last three vehicles I’ve owned:
1. My bike. Built by an ex-boyfriend who was far too obsessed with The Smiths and it still works to this day.
2. My 1984 Datsun (aka Nissan Sentra). That was the best baby blue crappy-ass car ever. It ran for years.
3. Our current 2003 Nissa Sentra

Whew. That was fun. Now you try!

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...