Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Good Grief

Here is the number one reason why traditional marketing and/or advertising models are failing: this guy.

The whole thing is just wrong. Or is it me? Being one of the 'target' market he's talking about, I can honestly say I've never been interested in: catfights, freakish people turned into fabulous people, train wrecks (unless it's in Unbreakable), or dates gone horribly wrong unless they involve Michael Vartan, Jennifer Garner, and some kick-ass spy gear.

I read, I watch movies, and I do a lot of shopping for shoes, but that doesn't mean a fellow who admits to smoking, drinking and gambling in his first corporate post can "reach" into my "untapped" market.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Kailana said...

This just proves that men really do not know what women want.

Anonymous said...

If this guy is the future of marketing it should be increasingly easy for me to spend less and less money.

Except maybe on books...

Gallis said...

If I was advertising with AAC and wanting to get this demo, I'd be REAL worried right about now.

sam lamb said...

Well...I'm speechless. Really.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...